CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Chirton & Conock is a small Parish with seven councillors who currently meet on the second Tuesday of every month, with the exception of August. The new clerk will be required to work primarily from home and the Parish Council will provide a Laptop, Printer and external hard drive for the sole use of the Clerk. The current Clerk works approximately 20 hours per month and the role attracts a salary on the current NJC scale, depending on experience, of approximately £9 per hour.
We are looking for someone with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent admin and communication skills, an understanding and respect for the responsibilities of a Parish Council, and experience of budget control and monitoring. Formal qualifications in any, or all, of the above would be an advantage.
The range of Parish Clerk duties include:
- Organising and attending evening council meetings
- Drafting and circulating the agenda
- Taking and producing minutes of meetings
- Monitoring and (when required) completing the identified actions and decisions of the Council,
- Dealing with all correspondence, including emails received.
Financial responsibilities include
- Preparing and producing monthly cash book and bank reconciliation statements
- Paying invoices in a timely manner (either via internet banking or cheque as required)
- Advising Councillors on annual budget preparation
- Producing all relevant financial documentation required for annual internal audit
- Preparing required documentation for annual external audit
- Ensuring all transactions are completed in accordance with the Parish Council’s Financial Regulations.
The current Clerk/RFO wishes to leave the post by the end of November 2018, but this could be extended for the right applicant if required. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 25th September 2018.
Please apply in the first instance to:
The Parish Clerk, Mrs Jane Whatley:
Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
In writing to 6 Yew Tree Close, Chirton, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 3RN.