Steeple Ashton Parish Council has a vacancy for parish clerk and responsible financial officer.
The job, which is part time, will involve:
• Acting as secretary to the formal meetings – attending monthly evening meetings
• Dealing with correspondence and finance on behalf of the council
• Providing advice to the council in respect of regulatory matters
The applicant will be:
• Equipped with high standards of numeracy and literacy
• Efficient, well organised, proactive, self-motivated and enjoy working alone without day-to-day supervision
• Computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, email and use of the internet
• Interested in the workings of the village, and willing to ‘go the extra mile’
This role is part time (10 - 12 hours per week) and can be flexible in how the hours are worked (subject to fixed deadlines and meeting dates).
The applicant will have a successful track record in responsible administrative roles including those with financial responsibilities.
Training in the role will be given, and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake the Clerk’s qualification.
Salary scale: SCP 18 - SCP23 (£9.80 - £11.27 per hour) dependent on qualifications.
Interested applicants should send their CV to;
Francesca Buffery-King, Chairman, Steeple Ashton Parish Council
Tel; 01380 870362
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th February 2019.
Steeple Ashton Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer