Parish Clerk required
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Clerk to Brinkworth Parish Council. The job requires a variety of skills including:
- Collating material for agendas, minute taking, letter writing and setting up of meetings;
- Bookkeeping, and being responsible for administering the finances of the Parish and preparing the accounts for yearly audit;
- Managing the cemetery including organising the paperwork with regards to burials and cremations;
- Liaising with and sourcing information from Wiltshire Council departments, organisations and individuals;
- Acting as the Parish address for local government mail;
- Being the contact (via email, post and telephone) for all Parish matters and updating the website.
The post holder will work from home and will be required to attend 12 evening meetings per year. There will also be the occasional daytime meeting or site visit.
Access to computer and email is essential. Some space is needed to store Parish records. Paid hours (in accordance with the Local Council Clerk’s scale) are 8 per week.
Anyone interested in the position is welcome to contact Sarah Ibbetson, the outgoing clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01666 510099 who will be happy to discuss the job.
Written applications (including a CV) should be made to the chair Mr Arnold Bradley-Donald at email@example.com
It is hoped that a new clerk will be appointed soon, to allow a reasonable handover and training period.